Summary: Trail running shoes are durable, provide greater traction, and some are water proof and others have reflective colors.
There are huge differences between running shoes and trail running shoes. And if you’re doing the latter, using ordinary running shoes that isn’t suited for terrain running could cause you a number of accidents, some of which could be lethal. Be wise enough and wear a pair of trail running shoes. Trails and isolated areas are the most treacherous place for the careless.
Running shoes are intended for running on hard surfaces. They are naturally designed to absorb shock from the constant pounding of feet (especially the heel) on the track. Trail running shoes on the other hand are built to be more durable. They have teeth integrated on the soles to provide greater traction even on slippery areas. Some are water proofed for wet areas and some have reflective colors to be used during nighttimes. Choosing the best trail running shoes may be easier than you think, so it’s no reason to forgo the use of one if you can’t find any that suits you. Likewise, if money is the problem, there are a lot of reasonably priced trail running shoes that still has superb features.
Below is a compilation of excellent trail running shoes that I found floating over the net.
Adidas ClimaCool® Cadrona Trail Running Shoes Regular Price: $84.95
* Fast-drying and highly breathable ClimaCool® textile upper for ventilation from all sides
* Agion™ antimicrobial lining limits bacterial growth and minimizes odors
* Shock-absorbing midsole with adiPRENE® insert in forefoot
* ClimaCool® midsole chassis enhances venting without compromising support
* Rigid Push Through Protection Plate (PTPP) protects feet from hard knocks
* Reliable high-traction rubber outsole
Author’s Choice: $85 is not a bad price for a shoe of this caliber. The ClimaCool has everything you might need for trail running: fast drying textile, high traction, shock absorption and enough support. Even the antimicrobial lining is a big plus especially on trail running where your feet could get especially damp even with waterproof shoes.
Merrel Chameleon 2 Gore-Tex XCR Regular Price: $110
* GORE-TEX ®XCR® Gasket Construction and Waterproof Pigskin Leather Upper ensures that your feet stay protected
* Breathable Defense Mesh Panels and Breathable Padded Tongue provides comfort
* Tapered Nylon Insole Molded on the Bottom with Air Cushion® Midsole provides optimum shock absorption
Nike Zooms Steens Regular Price: 58.95
* Lightweight and highly breathable mesh upper with webbing and leather overlays with dual density Phylon midsole extends length of shoe for consistent cushioning
* Zoom Air cushioning in forefoot to minimize bruises from stones
* Solid rubber outsole features a rounded-edge lug design for traction
* Middle shank for torsion rigidity