Summary: Saucony had been a favorite choice for women’s running shoes over the years, with designs that apparently were favorable with female runners.
Before, shoe manufacturers almost exclusively produce shoes modeled for men. There was no such thing as women’s shoe design. Perhaps it is the absence of feminism or activists’ pertaining to such, but the bottom line is that shoes are produced as unisex but are modeled on a male’s foot.
When Saucony made accidental designs that happened to be appealing to the feminine public, the Saucony running shoes slowly became popular. Its narrow heel design fits naturally a female’s foot tendencies and the laidback designs made it more alluring especially to the feminine side.
Saucony also introduces a number of original innovations. One of which is the Trainer 80 which is the first slip lasted running shoe. Beforehand, running shoes were built on board lasts much like dress shoes and cleated footwear. But by stitching the upper directly onto the midsole, Saucony running shoes became more flexible.
Saucony running shoes are the first molded EVA dual-density shoe on the market. Certain sections of the midsole are made denser, which promotes better motion control without sacrificing cushioning or flexibility.
The Saucony GRID system proves to be the first midsole technology to offer both cushioning and stability. By 1990, virtually all other running shoe manufacturers inserted devices which enhanced a shoe’s cushioning properties. The GRID system was developed to also enhance cushioning, yet also promote better stability at the same time. Today, the GRID system is the heart of most Saucony running shoes.
Saucony GRID Triumph 3 Regular Price: $100
* SRC XTRA provides the premier forefoot cushioning system for a smooth toe-off
* Repositioned triangular lugs on the outsole are more angled * Impulse EVA midsole for increased responsiveness and durability
* Pillow-soft midsole give you the ultimate ride every single run
* HRC Strobel Board for increased cushioning and comfort
* Arch-Lock provides a snug midfoot fit
* Impact Interface cushions and isolates heel impact
Saucony 3D GRID Triumph Regular Price: $99.99
* Full-length HRC provides ultimate cushioning
* 3D Grid system eliminates shock
* E.A.S. system guides your foot effortlessly through the gait cycle
Saucony Lady GRID Shadow 7 Regular Price: $79.99
* Combination mesh, nylon and synthetic leather with an arch-lock midfoot wrap for a unique fit and feel.
* Combination polyurethane in the heel, and compression molded EVA in the forefoot.
* Visible GRID System in the heel for enhanced shock absorption and control run
* High Rebound Compound (HRC) in the forefoot for better toe off. Midfoot Support Bridge helps cradle the foot Arch-Lock provides a snug midfoot fit
* Tri-lug 3D configuration modified with the XT-600 compound for durability and traction.